Would you like to guest post for CMB?
Please note, all guest post submissions must be received by May 31! This gives us plenty of time (hopefully) to edit and schedule before baby boy arrives! If you think your writing would be a better fit for Intentional By Grace (our sister site) you can view our guest post guidelines and where to submit here.
What We are Looking For:
- Technical posts (make sure you really know what you are talking about!) that would fit for Tech Tuesday.
- “My Story” style posts. How you went from hobby blogger to professional blogger, how you grew community, how you got to where you are. HOW is the key word. Teach us!
- Tips and shortcuts – as busy mamas, we ALWAYS need these!
- Intentional Blogger: Your story (how you went from a passive to #intentionalblogger!)
- “How CMB has helped me too…” If you can complete THAT statement in an applicable post that would ROCK!
- Other topics that fit with our mission.
What We Need From You:
- The content that you post on our blog needs to be original and not posted anywhere else…ever! You are asked to post a “teaser” on your site to point your readers to your post here (and it helps you remember that you have valuable info out there somewhere)! Remember, this is not word-for-word the first paragraph of your post. Make this different but intriguing!
- We recommend sending a query before writing your entire post so we can be sure we are on the same page!
- Try to write your posts so they are long enough to engage, but short enough to not lose someone’s attention. 500-700 words per post is a good number. If it is much longer, consider breaking it up for a series.
- Please include a pinnable picture. This is crucial! Please use your own photos/graphics and watermark them with ChristianMommyBlogger.com. If you don’t have your own photos and need to use a stock photo, please be sure to send the required information for the photo. If you don’t know what we mean, please ask! Please size your pictures to no wider than 500px. (Note: We have the right to change out images/graphics to better fit our style and needs.)
- Send your entire post to us in html format. Simply draft your post in your blog. Include your pictures, bios, links, head shot, etc. within your drafted post. Then, copy from your html tab and paste in the body of your email to nikki (at) butterflyministriesllc (dot) org. Please, no WORD OR PAGES ATTACHMENTS.
- We encourage you to use short paragraphs to make it easy to read and skim (not all blog readers actually read every word).
- Make your keywords pop! Bold what you think matters the most. (We will edit the format to match our blog. Quotes will be in boxes, any scripture references will be italicized. Don’t worry about this detail, we will take care of it)…We just want to make sure you bold any points you really want to stand out!
- Please include a picture and a brief bio (a few sentences) including links to your blog/twitter/fb so our readers can find you (if applicable).
- Promote via social media as you see fit so we can expand our reach. We will do the same for you. 🙂
What We Will Do:
- Edit for grammatical errors and format to fit the style of Christian Mommy Blogger.
- Schedule your post.
- Email you with a post date and link, so you can share an excerpt on your blog the day your post goes live.
- Promote via social media forums, including our weekly newsletter. We want you to get some exposure!
We are in no way trying to stifle your writing. We just think these guidelines will help streamline the process for both of us before you work hard and then we find we both need to change some things.
Thanks again for sharing your wonderful writing with CMB!
Fellowship Fridays linkup time!
Welcome to Week 36 of Fellowship Friday!
Here is a reminder about the hashtags:
In an effort to create community and help you be a MORE INTENTIONAL BLOGGER (that is really our goal, right??) we want to remind you of a few items that can be furthering your reach and taking your efforts one step further: hashtags!
Let us help you get the word out there. Let other CMB followers help you spread the word. Let’s get this community to the next level, along with our blogs! Use the hashtags #fellowshipfridays and#intentionalblogger whenever you are braggin’ on yourself or encouraging others on Twitter. Need an example?
“I just scored my first sponsorship! #intentionalblogger”
“I just created my mission statement! #intentionalblogger”
Or perhaps you have questions: “What’s a good plugin to welcome people to my site? #intentionalblogger”
You get the idea? This can really help you be more intentional and take your blog to the next level. You in? You can also use shortcuts we give you to make your life easier. We try to do this as often as possible. See a “tweet this” link? Click it! Here is an example:
I am striving to be a more #intentionalblogger with @christmomblog. You in?–>> TWEET THIS!!
I am expanding the reach of my blog with #fellowshipfridays. Check it out! #intentionalblogger –>>TWEET THIS!!
You don’t have to use the hashtags just when we encourage you. Use them ANYTIME you want to show you are being more intentional and taking your blog to the next level!
The FF Scoop:
Is this your first time linking up with us? Check out some special requests, the nitty gritty, and our button. You can also catch up with past editions.
We aren’t ones for a lot of rules around here. That just gives more room for frustration when people break them. We do have one request: no food posts. That is right. No recipes or anything focusing on food. We have decided there are more than enough link-ups with a focus on food. Let’s save this space for anything and everything else.
Use this linkup as a chance to promote your blog and allow more people to read your story. While we totally get it, and we couldn’t agree more (we love linking up too!), we do ask that you don’t just drop and go! Take a moment, look around, be still, and fellowship! We have found so many great blogs (and the women behind them) when we have taken a moment to fellowship with others.
So join us every week for a Fellowship Fridays link-up right here at Christian Mommy Blogger! Without further ado, link up below! Please be kind and link back to our site, Christian Mommy Blogger, or simply grab one of our buttons from the sidebar and share at the bottom of your post (use the code and it will automatically embed a link so people can find us).
Now link up!