Welcome to #Fellowship Fridays14!
Today’s featured post comes from The Writer’s Reverie. Our lovely and alliterative Miss Kathy brings together beautiful writing, faith and history with a great post about St. Patrick. How many of us know why this holiday is celebrated? How many of our children know?
*Gulp* I didn’t know the full story. I knew that he was an actual person and that he spread Christianity throughout Ireland. However, I did not know the full context of the story: such as how he ministered to the very people who had held him captive; or how in very dark times, his churches were places of refuge and education. To be blunt, I did not know how captivating the story of St. Patrick was!
Where I live, St. Patrick’s Day is automatically associated with debauchery and I had honestly tended to ignore it. Kathy’s post motivated me to be more attentive to why certain holidays are celebrated. As Christians, we should re-capture our spiritual heritage and share it with others! Kathy’s post, St. Patrick: A Story Worth Telling Again, did this and more! I hope you are as blessed by it as I was. To read more about Kathy, check her out here.
Time to link up!
Share what’s on your heart, mind, and blog! Well, I suppose it has to be on your blog to link up! Share your story and ChristianMommyBlogger.com may share yours next week, if you’re featured!
Please make sure to put a link to THIS post at the bottom of your post you are sharing. We share you, you share us!
Keep your links polite and respectful. Any links that are offensive in nature will be deleted. All others are accepted. That’s right. No limitations or rules! Just link up and share!
Want to network some more with other like-minded bloggers? Ready to take advantage of all a link up has to offer? Follow these steps:
- Make sure to link back to this post!
- Read at least one other person’s blog and post a comment there. Not just a “Hi, I stopped by” type of comment. But a true and genuine comment when you come across a blog post that speaks to you!
- Come back here and leave a comment telling other bloggers about any great posts you’ve found! Not only will you help a fellow blogger, but you’ll probably gain a new friend and follower yourself!
This post is happily shared with:
- MountMom.com: Evacuate at the Sound of the Alarm
- Making Me Bold: What if His People Prayed, Part 1
- Gritty Grace: Where is My Joy?
- Not Just Anyone: Play with Me!
- Enthusiastically, Dawn: The Miracle in Me
- The Writer’s Reverie: Joy
- Growing Kids Ministry: 13 Great Earth Day Craft Ideas
- Kingdom Life & Blessings: Spring Cleaning
- Journeys in Grace: What if you had enough faith to move the mountain in your way?