Welcome to Fellowship Fridays!
Boost your spirits and your blog traffic by participating!
Today’s a little different because there isn’t a featured post.
Instead I’m extending you an invitation.
You’re invited to use this weekend to truly prepare your heart for Sunday’s worship service in your home church. Read through posts here. Read scripture. Stop. Pray. Breathe.
Have you ever had a Sunday where by the time you get everyone fed and ready and into church, you basically plop into the pew? And the sermon has started before you’ve fully relaxed into a worshipful mindset?
I know I have! And sometimes, that’s the season of life we’re in. Sometimes that’s just the way it is and its good and valuable to build the habit of church attendance in our families. But! (There’s always a but isn’t there?)
We go to church to worship our mighty God jointly with other believers. This is an amazing privilege! And with it comes a responsibility to be ready to enter into that place where we can allow our spirits to be in tune with the Holy Spirit.
So I invite you to do the following with me:
- Friday: spend 10 minutes listing everything you are grateful for! Most likely you will need more than 10 minutes! Psalm 28:7
- Saturday: spend 10 minutes dwelling on God’s holiness, awesomeness and majesty. Exodus 19-20
- Sunday before church: Spend 10 minutes contemplating how God uses people in different ways for the edification of his body. 1 Co 14:26. Isn’t it amazing how He can use your uniqueness?
I’d love to hear your thoughts about this in the comments.
To browse all of the Fellowship Fridays, click here.
It’s time to link up! Share what’s on your heart, mind, and blog! Share your story and ChristianMommyBlogger.com may share yours next week, if you’re featured!
Please put a link to THIS post somewhere in the post you share. When you link up, you’re giving permission to ChristianMommyBlogger.com to feature you in a future post along with a link to your website. Keep links polite and respectful. Links that are offensive in nature will be deleted. All others are accepted.
Want to network more with other like-minded bloggers? Ready to take advantage of all this link up has to offer?
Follow these steps:
- Make sure to link back to this post! (Click on “link back” if you don’t know how.)
- Read another person’s blog and post a true and genuine comment when you come across a great post. (Not just a “Hi, I stopped by” type of comment.)
- Comment here about great posts you’ve found! Not only will you help a fellow blogger, but you’ll probably gain a new friend and follower yourself!