First of all, We really are so happy that you are interested in writing for Christian Mommy Blogger!
What We are Looking For:
- Technical posts (make sure you really know what you are talking about!) that would fit for Tech Tuesday.
- “My Story” style posts. How you went from hobby blogger to professional blogger, how you grew community, how you got to where you are. HOW is the key word. Teach us!
- Tips and shortcuts – as busy mamas, we ALWAYS need these!
- “How CMB has helped me too…” If you can complete THAT statement in an applicable post that would ROCK!
- Other topics that fit with our mission.
What We Need From You:
- The content that you post on our blog needs to be original and not posted anywhere else…ever! You are asked to post a “teaser” on your site to point your readers to your post here (and it helps you remember that you have valuable info out there somewhere)! Remember, this is not word-for-word the first paragraph of your post. Make this different but intriguing!
- We recommend sending a query before writing your entire post so we can be sure we are on the same page!
- Try to write your posts so they are long enough to engage, but short enough to not lose someone’s attention. 500-700 words per post is a good number. If it is much longer, consider breaking it up for a series.
- Please include a pinnable picture. This is crucial! Please use your own photos/graphics and watermark them with ChristianMommyBlogger.com. If you don’t have your own photos and need to use a stock photo, please be sure to send the required information for the photo. If you don’t know what we mean, please ask! Please size your pictures to no wider than 500px. (Note: We have the right to change out images/graphics to better fit our style and needs.)
- Send your entire post to us in html format. Simply draft your post in your blog. Include your pictures, bios, links, head shot, etc. within your drafted post. Then, copy from your html tab and paste in the body of your email to julie (at) christianmommyblogger (dot) com. Please, no WORD OR PAGES ATTACHMENTS.
- We encourage you to use short paragraphs to make it easy to read and skim (not all blog readers actually read every word).
- Make your keywords pop! Bold what you think matters the most. (We will edit the format to match our blog. Quotes will be in boxes, any scripture references will be italicized. Don’t worry about this detail, we will take care of it)…We just want to make sure you bold any points you really want to stand out!
- Please include a picture and a brief bio (a few sentences) including links to your blog/twitter/fb so our readers can find you (if applicable).
- Promote via social media as you see fit so we can expand our reach. We will do the same for you. 🙂
What We Will Do:
- Edit for grammatical errors and format to fit the style of Christian Mommy Blogger.
- Schedule your post.
- Email you with a post date and link, so you can share an excerpt on your blog the day your post goes live.
- Promote via social media forums, including our weekly newsletter. We want you to get some exposure!
We are in no way trying to stifle your writing. We just think these guidelines will help streamline the process for both of us before you work hard and then we find we both need to change some things.
Thanks again for sharing your wonderful writing with CMB!